Tuesday, December 30, 2008

All Things to All People

As I'm sitting here using two different Twitter accounts at one time, I decided to write a bit about some of the ways we are trying to make connections here at Wellspring. Its our philosophy to use every possible means to meet people, make connections, and forge partnerships here in Myrtle Beach. We are all about the Kingdom, so whether we're partnering with another church to feed the homeless, meeting members of other churches in the area who will commit to praying for Myrtle Beach or just getting the name Wellspring out there for those who might not have a church where they feel at home, we want to do whatever we can to make the name of Jesus Christ famous in Myrtle Beach and around the world.

Some of the things that we aren't exactly novel. We have three different blogs so that anyone who is interested can keep up with what's going on at Wellspring, whether its updates about the church's progress on the Wellspring Partners Blog, learning about what God is teaching Pastor Trey at the TreyKellyBlog.com, or learning why I hate inflatable penguins at my Even When No One is Listening blog. We are trying to be as transparent as possible with our process and let you get to know us from afar before you ever meet us.

What I'm most excited about right now though is Twitter. I've been using Twitter for a while now personally but have just recently begun to use our Wellspring Church twitter. Its really become more than I've expected. We've had people send messages that they are praying for us, had people ask for more information and been able to make initial contact with a lot of people around Myrtle Beach. I'm really excited about the possibilities but what's important is that we follow up and really get to know the people who live in this great city. I'm looking forward to God working through new ways to reach people with his love.

No comments: