Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Our First Gathering

Well, All I can say is that I am SO excited Wellspring has officially begun regular meetings! I really enjoyed meeting and I am so excited about the vision God has placed on Trey's heart! I feel so blessed that TJ and I are here and I pray that God will work through us. We want to see lives CHANGED! Here is what Trey wrote on his blog about our first gathering...

" We had a great time last night as we had the first official gathering of Wellspring Church. I shared the vision God has put on my heart for this area and hopefully God began uniting hearts with that vision.

We had a great turnout, more than we expected. The kids area was overflowing and we already need to figure a better solution for next week.

I’m more convinced than ever that God wants to do something amazing here in Myrtle Beach. Thanks to all who prayed for last night. Keep praying! We have a long way to go."

Like he said KEEP PRAYING!

He also mentioned my children's area... I have to say my poor kids did not adjust so well to being around so many kids in David's bedroom. God bless the sweet baby sitter. Jon was crying so the baby sitter picked him up. Anderson started crying so she put Jon down and He started crying again. Karoline started crying... then the oldest child (7) was so sweet and held Anderson to help him quick crying. I walked in and it was crazy! I felt HORRIBLE because my children were screaming their heads off... what a great way to make a first impression. I took Anderson out of the room so they could all calm down and it worked. When I brought him back 10 minutes later you should have seen the look on the sweet baby sitters face. She was terrified! But he did great and the kids ended up having a GREAT time! I think they just had not had any "play dates" with other kids in over a month and they needed some time to adjust. Karoline and David really hit it off and I think wedding bells are ringing :) All in all it was great and I think the baby sitter is not totally scared of my children! I am glad they didn't do any perminant damage! I am hoping next week is better :)

No comments: