Saturday, January 3, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR & New Things for Wellspring!

First, We want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope that 2009 is a WONDERFUL year for everyone! I hope that you and your family had a great holiday season and are relaxing now that the crazy time of the year has passed.

Also, Wellspring is doing a few new things starting NOW. You may have already read Trey's blog but if you have not here is what he wrote...

First Steps, Next Steps

We make a big deal out of a child’s first steps. We fixate on them, ask parents about them, and celebrate them. My youngest, Jon, recently started taking his first steps. He balances himself on something and then slowly, deliberately, takes a step, fighting against losing his balance the entire time. If he moves too fast, he loses control and falls. He’s still learning how to walk.

The other day I was watching him walk and God seemed to whisper to me: “that’s you . . .that’s Wellspring.” It occurred to me in that moment that we are just now learning how to walk, how to start and be the church God has called us to be. We have to be deliberate, take careful, well thought-out steps and move at a reasonable pace. If we move to fast, just like my little one, we’ll fall flat on our faces.

It’s hard to be patient, to trust God’s timing, but I know it will pay huge dividends in the end. The other day I was talking to TJ and I made this statement: “we have thirty years to do worship services and church, but we only get one shot to start this thing. We have to do it right.”

That’s what we are trying to do.

2008 was a year of huge changes, excitements and quite a bit of fear, and I can’t wait to see what God does in and through Wellspring in 2009.

With that in mind, I wanted to announce our schedule for 2009 (so far.) We are making a few changes to better reach and develop the folks that God has planned to help us start Wellspring.

Starting this weekend, Jan 4th, we are moving our Launch Team Gatherings to Sunday mornings at 11 am.
We will meet in my home every other Sunday at 11.
The weeks we do not meet in my home, we will alternate between visiting churches in the area and serving in some capacity in the community.
We will visit local churches to learn what God is already doing on the Grand Strand and better develop our unique vision and calling for this area.
We will serve the local community because that is what the church is called to do.
We will also be a starting a group on a weeknight (which is still TBD) for folks that have questions about God, the BIble, etc. This study will take place in a local bar and we are calling it “God on Tap.”
I’m pretty excited about this one!

I’m very excited about these “next steps.” I’ve prayed, sought God, and feel this is the right path for us. I ask you to be in prayer for Wellspring in 2009. If you would like to be involved in Wellspring, just shoot me an email, I would love to connect with you. As always, all our events can be found by clicking on the Wellspring Events link on the top right-hand corner of the age. 2009 is going to rock at Wellspring. I hope you be apart of it.

No comments: