Friday, January 9, 2009

A Part Of Our Plan...

Is to visit other churches in the area to see what God is doing in Myrtle Beach. Here is Trey's post from HIS BLOG (check it out daily!) and he will explain it a little more.

I’m very excited about what we are doing as a Launch Team this weekend. We are getting together as a group and visiting another church! I firmly believe God is at work in and around Myrtle Beach and because of that, I want us to experience together what God is doing on the Grand Strand.

There are several reasons and I think this is a great idea:

It will expose our team to what God is doing through other churches.
We can learn from the strengths of other churches and what they do well.
It will help sharpen our vision and focus on doing things that other churches aren’t doing to reach the folks those churches aren’t reaching.
Hopefully, and most important, it will cement in the minds of our team that we aren’t the only church doing things for God here.
I have a huge passion to partner with and champion the local churches of this area and I can think of no matter way to demonstrate that firsthand then to visit them and then talk with my team about what they do well.

This weekend, we’ll be visiting Barefoot Community Church for it’s 11:00 am service. If you’re interested in going, we’ll meet in the Bass Pro parking lot at 10:20 so that we can ride/caravan over. After the service, we’ll all grab lunch together and talk about our experience.

This is a great opportunity for our current team to invite folks to join us.


In Goff family news this week Karoline started preschool and she LOVES it. She is going to the The First Presbyterian Church of Myrtle Beach. They have a wonderful program and she is really enjoying getting to know new "creatures" (teachers) and friend.


My mom is still visiting and we have really enjoyed being spoiled by her... cooking, cleaning, etc!


TJ and I continue to search for jobs to help supplement our support. This has been VERY hard and discouraging as like most places jobs are hard to come by! We REALLY need prayer for God to open up a door for us to be able to work... SOON!

Thank you for your continued support and desire to pray for Wellspring and our family. We are SO appreciative of you all!

No comments: