Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Support Letters Are Mailed!

Welcome to our blog about Wellspring Church!


We mailed out our support letters today! We are so excited because we know that as clearly as God has told us to GO and spread the gospel in Myrtle Beach we know that He has called many of you to help us GO by giving! I hate asking for money (except maybe from my mom!) but God has really changed my heart on this... I pray that as you receive our support letter that you won't feel like you have to give or that you won't toss the letter to the side... we hope that you will look at this as a way for you to give back to God and truly pray about what He might be calling you to sacrifice for His Kingdom.

I worry... I worry about money and I have worried about these support letters. But I read something in a great book that I just finished reading and I want to share it with you...

"Remember this: We serve an unlimited God with unlimited resources. A God who looked at a few loaves of fishes and saw a banquet for five thousand people."- Mark Batterson (you can buy this book here... I highly recommend it)

When I read this I praised HIM! When I see the letters that we are mailing and I see the about of money we need to raise, $100,000, in my eyes I don't see how it's going to happen. BUT then I remember that God CALLED us to do this and He will provide for our family and for Wellspring church. THIS I KNOW! I don't know how He plans on meeting our needs but I cannot wait to find out! I also cannot wait to see how He blesses those of you who have chosen to sacrific for Wellspring Church.

Our pastor preached a great sermon today on prayer and he shared this quote...

"Pray like it depends on God and work like it depends on you"

I can promise that TJ and I will be praying for Wellspring and our partners daily and we will be working HARD to do what He has called us to do. We are at a point where we are TOTALLY depending on God which is a wonderful place to be I think. And we are going to work hard to raise our support, get extra jobs if needed, and share the gospel! He is our provider!

So as you and your family pray about what the Lord is calling you to give we will be praying for you! I hope you enjoy this blog... it will help keep us all connected. Below are more posts... posts about the block party Trey and Danielle hosted (the first WellSpring event), specific prayer requests for our family, and the store about how this all came about. I hope you have time to read them in the next few days.

Our goal is raise enough support in October so that we can move by November. We hope to be in Myrtle Beach in time to host a few holiday parties to get to know people in the area. We are going to Myrtle Beach on Oct. 4th-7th to try and find a home to rent and get familiar with the area a little...I'll write again after we get back.

Thank you so much for your support. We really appreciate ALL our friends and family and appreciate you coming along beside us on this new journey for our family!

No comments: