WOW. TJ and I just returned from our quick trip to Myrtle Beach. It was a successful trip and I think we found a place to live. More on that later... BUT here is one thing that I really want to share.
When TJ and I were headed back to the airport to come back home the driver of the shuttle asked us what we were doing in Myrtle Beach. We explained that we were looking for a place to live because we were moving to MB. He asked us why and we told him we were going to start a new church in Myrtle Beach... Here is what he said...
"Myrtle Beach? That is Satan's city!"
My response was well, then I guess Myrtle Beach could use another church! This guy grew up in MB and said he still has a lot of friends there and would tell them about our church! It was exciting to me because I felt like it was just one more conformation of what we are going to do in MB! We were able to tell SO many people what we were doing... starting a new church... BRINGING THE GOSPEL TO MYRTLE BEACH!!!!
TJ and I both LOVED the area and are SO ready to move and start our new ministry. God confirmed what neighborhood he wants us to live in and we are excited. MANY young families live there and we can't wait to host a Thanksgiving party and a Christmas party to get to know the neighbors. Please pray about these events. It all depends on support and when we actually get to move but this is my desire!
Anyway it was a WONDERFUL trip and we are very thankful for Trey's father who let us stay in his condo! It was also our anniversary weekend and it was wonderful! It was nice to get away. My mom stayed home with Karoline and Anderson and they did great!
Here are our TOP prayer requests:
1) SUPPORT- we are still raising our monthly support and specifically support for our MOVE! It will cost us around $10,000 for our move and I know God will provide!
2) JOB- I still do not have a job. I would like part time work so I can stay home with the kids half day and TJ can stay with them half day unless I can work at a preschool.
3) WELLSPRING - We are specifically praying for 6 more families to commit to being on our start up team and 30 other individuals. We are going to start weekly meetings in November! I am SO excited about this.
4) TREY- Pray for Trey as he is at a great conference this week that the Lord would speak to him about Wellspring as he seeks the Lords will for our church!
5) OUR LAST WEEKS AT BAY HILLS- The letters to our congregation go out on Monday announcing that we will be leaving. Please pray for their support and understanding. Also that we would enjoy our last weeks with our precious friends here! We are REALLY going to miss them!
Thanks for partnering with Wellspring and know that we pray for you all the time! Here are some pictures from our trip!
God Bless, Beth



2 comments:
Hey Beth! I'm excited for you, TJ, Karoline & Anderson as you move to Myrtle Beach. It all sounds so great and exciting! We will be praying for y'all! Love, Emilie
Congratulations on the exciting direction God's taking you! My younger sister's at USC in Columbia, SC and might have contacts in MB. Please let me know if you'd like to get in touch with her. I hope the transition goes smoothly.
Post a Comment