Friday, September 26, 2008

Our Calling To Wellspring

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28



It all started in the spring. I felt like TJ and I were going to make a change... I knew that there would be a move of some kind but thought it was going to be a move into a new house in El Sobrante, CA. We began looking for a house for our family to buy and settle into the Bay Area long term. This was our plan... God had different plans.

I remember the day I read the post on Danielle and Trey's blog that God was calling them to start a church in Myrtle Beach. I cried. I don't know if I ever told them that. I thought it was so awesome that they felt such a strong call from God to go and do something BIG in an area that really needed to hear the Good News, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We spoke with Trey and Danielle earlier in the summer about the possiblities of us coming on board once things in Myrtle Beach were a little more settled but we both felt like we just needed to continue trying to buy a home in the bay area and we knew if God had other plans He would show us.

Through out our busy summer Myrtle Beach kept coming up in conversation with friends, family, in our thoughts and our prayers as we prayed for Danielle and Trey. Then we went through a nightmare trying to buy a house in El Sobrante. We had a contract on an amazing home that would have been perfect for our family BUT we could not get our loan approved! We tried everything possible and our loan was denied twice! We didn't feel like this was our "sign" but it did confirm what we already knew in our hearts what God wanted from our family.

We began formal interviewing with Trey and TJ and I both really felt God strongly speaking to us telling us to jump out in faith and follow His call. This was a hard, yet easy decision to make. Hard because we LOVE Bay Hills Community Church, our friends, TJ's ministry, me being a stay at home mom, our steady paycheck (to be honest with you!), knowing that we soon could find another house to try and buy... why would we want to leave all of this! Easy because God was calling us and TJ and I both know His calling was more important than our comfort, whether or not we own a home, a guaranteed paycheck, etc...

So TJ accepted the full-time position for Myrtle Beach's newest church, Wellspring Church. If you want to find out how Wellspring got it's name click here and visit Trey's blog. We were so excited and felt completely at peace about the decision we made and we are so humbled to be a part of Wellspring Church.

TJ will be the worship leader and do a lot of graphic arts/design work. I will probably be working with Danielle a lot in children's ministry and I personally have a heart for women's ministry. With 80% unchurched in Myrtle Beach and the city is growing very quickly I think God has a LOT in store for Wellspring Church. We have a wonderful opportunity to reach so many people for Christ. That is so exciting!

I know leaving Bay Hills is going to be very difficult for us. I am not looking forward to that part at all. Our friends here are like family to us. Please continue to pray for us while we end our time of serving at Bay Hills.

So that is how it all unfolded... now there is SO much to do...

No comments: