When TJ and I accepted the call to come to Myrtle Beach and live off support for at least a year we knew it was going to be HARD financially!! It's not easy raising support in this economy. Almost everyone I know has been effected by this economy! Most people probably thought we were crazy... we probably are, but we KNEW GOD had called us to Myrtle Beach and that was clear! We knew HE WOULD PROVIDE AND we would have to make some MAJOR changes in our family.
We raised a good amount of one time gifts that were a HUGE blessing to our family when we moved to Myrtle Beach and enough monthly support to pay for our health insurance. It is amazing to see how people respond to God's call to give! But unfortunately our well started running dry last month! Really really dry! Oh, and we have TRIED really hard to find jobs... NO ONE is hiring, not Home Depot, Starbucks, The Gap. We searched Myrtle Beach over for jobs and there was NOTHING! Our savings was gone and our checking account was so close to zero. We had NOTHING but our credit cards. So on the credit cards the groceries went. It is scary, as a lot of Americans are experiencing these days, not even knowing if you will have a dime next month to pay any of your bills and health insurance!
Even though I am not a fan of using credit cards I had a peace that God was going to help us take care of it and I PRAYED!! I prayed specifically for $2000. That's what I knew we would need to pay our bills for February. Guess what... HE PROVIDED!
TJ and I traded in his truck for a small car last month and today we got a check for $1,200! We had an extended warranty on the truck and got that money back! And we got an email from someone saying that we were going to be given an amount of money that would TOTALLY cover our bills and groceries for February! OH how I am REJOICING!
I share this with you not because I want you to feel sorry for us or for you to be guilted into sending support but because this is a very REAL part of our journey with helping plant Wellspring and I want other people to see how when you are faithful to follow Him, HE is faithful to provide!
Truly, I have learned SO MUCH from being in the financial position we are in right now. Here are just a few...
-I MUST depend on God to provide. There is nothing I can do on my own... I MUST seek HIM for HIS leading and direction!
- I have a new understanding of what a "need" and a "want" really are... when I truly can only buy what we need to get through the month I realize how selfish I have been in the past.
- I have a new commitment for praying for friends of mine and other families who are in a similar situation and for our economy and leaders!
- TJ and I have made a commitment that whenever we can, even if it's a small amount, we want to help support church plants. Living the struggle first hand has giving me a huge heart to want to give and help others!
- We all have an area of our life where we are struggling. It may be finances, your marriage, your job, your spiritual life, etc. We ALL have to lay our burdens down before Him and TRUST! Here are two verses that I just cling to:
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6
Speaking of His leading and direction, He has called me to into Real Estate. Seriously, TJ and I looked for jobs ALL OVER Myrtle Beach and Real Estate was the door that was opened for me. I am SO excited about this new career and pray that I will be successful so that I can bring in some income for our family.
So, PRAISE BE TO GOD for providing and I pray that I will always remember His faithfulness. Sometimes when we are in the middle of hard times we forget to PRAISE HIM! God is good all the time! I also ask that you do pray as we continue to raise support for our family and Wellspring. We thank you all for your prayers and support!



No comments:
Post a Comment