


"Today we did our first set-up and “sneak peak” service at the Palace. Only the Launch Team was invited. Here are some thoughts from the day . . .
- It was an amazing day. Most of our plans for the building worked well (which is a miracle in itself). The few tweaks we need to make set-up wise are minor and should be ready by next Sunday.
- I really love the team God is putting together at Wellspring. Seriously, our team works hard, stays positive and has great energy. Thanks guys, it’s a privilege to lead you.
- I think our band is going to be VERY good. For real. Even with the sound issues we had today, they sounded great and we’ll have those worked out by next weekend. I’m pumped about our Sunday morning experience.
- Our kids ministry is going to be excellent. Kamp Kidspring (that’s what we’re calling it) will hopefully be a place kids loves to attend. In fact, we’re praying that kids drag their parents to church because of the fun they have.
- Back to our team for a second, I wanted to point out one thing . . . they rock! Have I mentioned that?? It was so cool watching them set-up and figure things out.
- The best thing about the team is their attitude. I’ll admit that at times today, I wasn’t a great leader. I got concerned about things working well and all the details coming together. Each time, without fail, one of the team members would say, “don’t worry, we’ll handle it. It will be great.” I LOVE THAT! They were encouraging me!!!
- Everyone left excited about what’s next. This has been a long journey and it’s hard to believe that we’ll start weekly services next weekend.
- I reminded the team today that we are starting weekly services, not “church.” We’ve been “the church” for over a year. We are “the church.” We gather on Sundays for worship, but “church” is much more than something we do for an hour a week.
- God is going to be glorified through what we do. Of that I’m certain. We’ll focus on that and let him take care of everything else.
Lots to do this week . . . can’t wait to see what God does next weekend. Should be fun."



No comments:
Post a Comment