Monday, June 1, 2009

God On Tap Starting Sunday!

As I said in the last post there are MANY things we need you to be specifically praying about... Here is the first one... God On Tap. Here is what our pastor, Trey, said about it on his blog...



"This Sunday at 6pm at City Bar, we’re starting something that I am very excited about. This is one of those “can we really do this” ideas that never left my brain. After a year of thinking and praying about it, I’m thrilled that we are finally launching it.

God on Tap is a place for folks to come and ask questions about God, the church, etc. We will be meeting in a bar — yes, a bar — and talking about God. It’s a little different, but so are we. We’re already the church that got shut down by the police, now we’re the church that meets in a bar.

A great pastor I follow, Craig Croeschel, says, ” to reach people no one else is reaching, you have to do things no one else is doing.” Well, no one else is doing this! :-) We really do believe that folks that might never attend church would be willing to attend this, so we’re trying it.

Click here for all the details. I talked a little about God on Tap this weekend, how it fits into what we’re doing here and how important it is that we invite others to Come and See (link to this weekend’s podcast) what Jesus is really like.

There is no substitute for a genuine encounter with the living God, and we hope that God on Tap makes it a bit easier for people to have that first encounter.

Invite your friends to come out and join us this Sunday night."


Thank you so much for your prayers!

No comments: