Sunday, May 24, 2009

God Of This City

I am sure you have heard the song "God Of This City" and if you are like me it brings you to tears almost every time. Even if you have heard it a million times I ask that right now you would read these words and think of MYRTLE BEACH...

You're the God of this City
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are

You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater thing have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City


We, Wellspring Church are SO excited about what God yet to do in Myrtle Beach! My heart hurts for the lost people in this city! There are SO MANY lost people that I know need Jesus to transform their lives. I want them to know SO bad that God loves them and there is a BETTER way to live their lives.

I PRAY and BEG of you to pray with me for this city! We as a church have BIG things coming up this summer... BIG things. Here is a small explanation of topics that will be their own posts later. Here they are:

1) We are starting a new Bible study called God On Tap- this Bible study will take place in a bar. Yes, a bar. We have a LOT of people in this area that are interested in this God thing and they don't feel comfortable going to church. That's cool... we'll go meet them where they are.

2) Getting ready for LAUNCH... Yes, I said LAUNCH. We are launching Wellspring Church on September 13th! September 13th! September 13th! September 13th! (was that enough times to write September 13th for you to get it stuck in your head?)

3) To get ready for that LAUNCH on SEPTEMBER 13th we will need to raise $100,000 before mid July! That's a LOT of money and we are really excited about seeing how God will provide! God is already moving people to give. I won't go into details now but WOW. More info on this to come...

4) Preparing our location for services. We are THRILLED that God pretty much put the first official location of Wellspring Church on a silver platter and said "here you go". We are meeting at an AMAZING location. The movie theaters at Broadway At The Beach! For those of you outside of MB this is probably the most well known shopping, dinning, tourist, area in the middle of Myrtle Beach. In another post I will share how all this came about! It's a great story.

5) Planning community events- Please be praying for us as we try and seek what God would have us do in our community this summer. There are lots of ideas but we also have to see what we have the funds to pull off.

On top of all of this I ask for you to pray for Trey, TJ, and our other leaders as they work HARD and put in a LOT of hours to make this all happen! To God be the GLORY!

I leave you with this video of your new American Idol, Kris, singing God Of This City. I ask that as you watch this you will think about Myrtle Beach and ask God what you can do to be a part of what He is doing in this city!

No comments: