Monday, March 30, 2009

Back To The Basics


Church was great yesterday and I wish you could hear the pod cast but for some reason it didn't record (Trey says to make fun of TJ). Trey kept the message simple and sometimes that's just what we need. Sometimes I think we get so caught up in thinking the Christian life has to be so complicated that it becomes overwhelming and we often feel we will never be good enough so why even try. If you look at ALL the area's in your life that needs work it does make you want to just give up. It's like a completely cluttered home and you don't even know where to start cleaning up to get order back in the home.

But Trey talked about no matter where you are in your walk with God, just be pointing towards Jesus. Even if you are just checking out the whole God thing, or if you have been saved for 20 years. Is your daily life pointing towards God? Are our action, though not perfect, trying to point towards the goal of a deeper relationship with him?

His 5 Topics where giving God...
1) My Time
2) My Influence
3) My Talent
4) My Money
5) My Obedience

I KNOW there are things I need to work on in each area but like I said before, if I think of ALL I need to do/ change I just feel defeated. I felt like God was telling me to focus on #1- My Time.

The truth is it has been SO hard for me to give my time to God. With work, my amazing husband, my precious kids, housework, going to the grocery store, etc. it's hard to give up my "free time" (what little I have) to dig deep in the Word.

So here is my challenge to you and to myself: Think and PRAY that God would show you one specific thing He really wants you to focus on... maybe it's being more proactive about sharing your faith or just showing love to your co-workers/ friends; maybe it's God teaching you about tithing and being faithful to Him though how you spend your money; Maybe it's listening to Him calling you to get baptized...

Allow Him to work in your heart and change you ONE DAY AT A TIME! Wake up in the morning and choose to live a life that will point to HIM!

No comments: